Re: NMU upload for fv bug #356177

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 09:09:52AM +0000, David Watson wrote:
> I have prepared packages using the patch I submitted, I am currently going
> through NM and have been given the task of preparing an NMU for an RC bug.
> My AM (Martin Michlmayr) will sponsor the upload.
>
> I will ask Martin to upload the package if there are no objections.

This address is for orphaned packages. You cannot NMU them, because
there is no maintainer. Instead, you can do a QA upload, which is a bit
like a NMU, but then without NMU version numbering, without asking
permission, etc. Use lintian to catch the most common issues in doing an
QA upload vs an NMU.

Anyway, your AM knows all about it, and could tell you more.

Considering the package's state, and the fact that's one major upstream
version behind (#259548), and that it has very few users according to
popcon, I wonder whether we're not better off just removing the package,
actually.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar