Bug#224255: marked as done (please elaborate about license status in /usr/share/doc/vcg/*)
- To: Matej Vela <email@example.com>
- Subject: Bug#224255: marked as done (please elaborate about license status in /usr/share/doc/vcg/*)
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Debian Bug Tracking System)
- Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:48:20 -0800
- Message-id: <E1FGvHI-0005Wzemail@example.com>
- References: <E1FGunL-0001v3-JO@spohr.debian.org> <20031217020719.GA1540@haimon.lan.henning.makholm.net>
Your message dated Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:17:23 -0800
with message-id <E1FGunL-0001v3-JO@spohr.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#224255: fixed in vcg 1.30debian-4
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: please elaborate about license status in /usr/share/doc/vcg/*
- From: Henning Makholm <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:07:19 +0000
- Message-id: <20031217020719.GA1540@haimon.lan.henning.makholm.net>
It is somewhat unsettling for a user to see in /usr/share/doc/vcg/copyright
a flat statement that vcg is GPL, and in /usr/share/doc/vcg/README.gz a
description that says that some source files are obfuscated.
Looking at the Debian changelog makes it clear that we now have
un-obfuscated sources and all is in fact well, but this information
will get harder to find as new changelog entries are added in front
As long as the upstream README still claims that sources are obfuscated,
I think the good news that they in fact aren't, merits a short explanation
either in the copyright file or in a README.Debian file.
Henning Makholm "Jeg kunne ikke undgå at bemærke at han gik på hænder."
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
vcg, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Matej Vela <email@example.com> (supplier of updated vcg package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:02:11 +0100
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Debian QA Group <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Matej Vela <firstname.lastname@example.org>
vcg - A Visualization Tool for compiler graphs
Closes: 152128 202537 224255 270899 355462 355500 355788
vcg (1.30debian-4) unstable; urgency=medium
* QA upload.
* src/X11dev.c: Fix stack overrun. Closes: #152128.
* Switch to debhelper 5.
* Install using debhelper rather than the upstream Makefile:
- Errors properly detected. Closes: #270899.
- Replace xvcg.1 with a symlink to vcg.1. Closes: #355462.
- Remove (empty) /usr/sbin.
- Remove pbm2hp, pbmrot90, and pbmshift as they don't really belong
(the equivalent netpbm utilities are pbmtolj, pnmrotate, and pnmpad
/ pnmcut). Closes: #355788.
- man/vcg.man, man/vcgdemomaker.man: Fix section.
* Mention xvcg in the description. Closes: #202537.
- Note that the source is no longer obfuscated. Closes: #224255.
- Include copyright holders and license text. Closes: #355500.
* debian/menu: Add.
* Thanks to Ahmed Baizid and Justin Pryzby for patches and testing!
51483623d2907e86421c12a35cb5461b 597 graphics optional vcg_1.30debian-4.dsc
0607e717efc97ad4577be183d1e5f071 7849 graphics optional vcg_1.30debian-4.diff.gz
7a7744a1f93a2cdc14528cf5342d8d60 329920 graphics optional vcg_1.30debian-4_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---