Bug#349453: memprof hangs just after executing profiled app
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#349453: memprof hangs just after executing profiled app
- From: Emilian Nowak <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:41:14 +0100
- Message-id: <20060123044114.7ec6e795@galeon>
- Reply-to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20060123031800.GA2474@andromeda>
- References: <20060123021249.17768.12887.reportbug@galeon> <20060123031800.GA2474@andromeda>
On 2006-01-22 (sunday), at 22:18:00 Justin Pryzby wrote:
> It appears that our memprof package has major issues. Could you try
> compiling it locally with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip, and running it
> under valgrind (oh the irony!) to try to get a backtrace of the
> problem at an early stage? I couldn't get that kind of error, though
> I'm not able to get memprof to do anything useful, either.
Oki - I will try rebuilding it and some debugging.
But I'm afraid that there may be something wrong in other place.
Memproof uses libary pre-loading to override some libc6 function? Maybe there
is something that is blocking overriding those libc6 functions? It can't be
anything kernel-related, I don't use selinux nor patched kernel etc.. - just
clean debian kernel.