Re: xbmbrowser_5.1-9: build failed

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 11:21:17AM +1100, spqueue@hezmatt.org wrote:
> The package you uploaded, xbmbrowser_5.1-9, failed to be built.
>
> A copy of the build log is given below.  Please fix the errors that caused
> the build to fail, or ask on debian-mentors if you can't work out why your
> build failed.
>
> If you feel that there is a bug in the autobuilder, please inform
> mpalmer@debian.org.

Eh, this is *very* obviously a problem on your side.

To begin with:

> String found where operator expected at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 96, near "die sprintf(gettext(""
>   (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 94)
> 	(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
> Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 96, near "die sprintf(gettext("debconf"
> 	(Do you need to predeclare die?)
> Unquoted string "debconf" may clash with future reserved word at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 96.
> String found where operator expected at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 103, near "gettext(""
>   (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 96)
> 	(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
> Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 104, near "$package, $confmodule"
>   (Might be a runaway multi-line ff string starting on line 103)
> 	(Missing operator before dule?)
> Unquoted string "dule" may clash with future reserved word at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 104.
> syntax error at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 96, near "die sprintf(gettext(""
> Unmatched right curly bracket at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 108, at end of line
> syntax error at /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure line 108, near "}"
> Execution of /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure aborted due to compilation errors.

This is a bug in dpkg, or on your side.

> Copying source file
>     -> copying [/var/spqueue/archives/x/xbmbrowser/xbmbrowser_5.1-9.dsc]
>     -> copying [/var/spqueue/archives/x/xbmbrowser/xbmbrowser_5.1.orig.tar.gz]
> cp: cannot stat `/var/spqueue/archives/x/xbmbrowser/xbmbrowser_5.1.orig.tar.gz': No such file or directory
>  -> Aborting with an error

Eh, you didn't even start to build. From this I conclude you're
autobuilding and automatically sending out mails of failures without any
human screening. I suggest you at least do some human screening of build
failures before sending out automated mails like this.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl