Re: Removing zope
- To: Gregor Hoffleit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Steve Langasek <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, "James W. Penny" <email@example.com>, Bastian Blank <firstname.lastname@example.org>, David Coe <email@example.com>, Jonas Meurer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Nicolas Ledez <email@example.com>, Debian QA Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Federico Di Gregorio <email@example.com>, Federico Sevilla III <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Igor Stroh <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Removing zope
- From: Matthias Klose <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:43:08 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com.HOWL>
- In-reply-to: <20040403103743.GN15623@sam.mediasupervision.de>
- References: <20040329103357.GA6483@twcny.rr.com> <20040401033417.GD28617@quetzlcoatl.dodds.net> <20040401034445.GE28617@quetzlcoatl.dodds.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org.HOWL> <20040403103743.GN15623@sam.mediasupervision.de>
Gregor Hoffleit writes:
> * Matthias Klose <email@example.com> [040403 12:25]:
> > Steve Langasek writes:
> > > On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 09:34:18PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > > On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 05:33:57AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > > > > For zope to be removed, one must also do this:
> > > > > remove zope-textindexng2/2.05-1
> > > > > remove zope-zpatterns/0.4.3p2-17
> > >
> > > > Cc'ing the maintainers of those packages, as they have an obvious vested
> > > > interest in keeping zope from being removed from sarge. Any takers for
> > > > NMU'ing (or MU'ing) zope to get these RC bugs fixed? Time is short.
> > >
> > > .... also cc:ing the maintainers of the various other zope packages that
> > > are arch: all, and would also have to be removed in order for zope to be
> > > removed from testing.
> > >
> > > The total list of packages that must be removed if zope is not
> > > releasable with sarge is as follows:
> > >
> > > plone
> > > python-extclass
> > > qmtest
> > The zope maintainers seem to be quiet ... Please before removing
> > qmtest, let me separate out the python-extclass package from the zope
> > package.
> No reaction from Luca indeed, but Andrea is suggesting to upgrade to his
> 2.7.0-13 package. During the next week, I'll try and see if that sounds
> possible and feasable without breaking to much other packages. Fixing
> the grave bugs in 2.6.4 doesn't look impossible, but then, I really
> don't like to mess with Luca's zopectl code...
that would be great, to have plone-2.0 in sarge ...