Transitioning to guile 1.6
- To: James LewisMoss <email@example.com>, Andras Bali <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Baruch Even <email@example.com>, Corrin Lakeland <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian QA Group <email@example.com>, Hamish Moffatt <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Hilaire Fernandes <email@example.com>, James LewisMoss <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mikael Djurfeldt <email@example.com>, Sebastien Bacher <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Stefan Schwandter <email@example.com>
- Subject: Transitioning to guile 1.6
- From: Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:59:56 -0600
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
Howdy. If you're receiving this mail, it's because from an initial
glance at "apt-get rdepends libguile9", it looked like your packages
might be affected by removing guile1.4 from unstable (and eventually
testing), and that's something I've been thinking about lately.
In some cases, like Mikael and goops, I suspect the only action needed
would be to remove goops from Debian too (since guile-1.6 supercedes
it). In other cases, the packages may just need a re-build and
adjustment of their depdends, but of course that's hard to tell for
sure since there could still be scheme level incompatibilities.
Anyway, I just wanted to check and see what you thought about the
possibility of migration.
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu
GPG starting 2002-11-03 = 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4