Re: GAP's (non)freeness ?

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:49:09AM -0800, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> Correct me if i am wrong
> 1. You do not support the current debian packaging
> because there is no mention of it on the webpage.
>
> 2. You are not aware of how far it is, it seems to have 3.4 covered in
> testing.

I think it is rather a documentation/website issue that anything else.
Changing the GAP license was a huge work for the GAP team and there
is probably still piece of documentation that need to be updated.

Switching PARI/GP to the GPL take about one year to the PARI team,
so I am not surprised it take sometime to the GAP team since GAP is
larger than PARI.

The GAP team is fully aware of the Debian packages, only they do not
have a Debian machine to test them.

I have reported other minor issues in the website to them in the past.

Please do not bother them more that it is neccessary.

Cheers,
Bill.