Bug#136982: kde: Problems entering national characters
I can not enter my polish characters properly. I used to, but I decided to
do an upgrade.
Previously I used kde* packages version about 2.2.2-7 or so.
1. I can see e-mails, menu, threads, all places correctly.
2. I have configured kde properly (country, encoding ...)
3. I have similar system at work and it works good. The difference is I have
upgraded it in other time.
4. Applications out of kde (gaim for example) work good (there's no problem).
5. Instead of my characters I see strange, one letter signs (reversed P
(acapit), upper 3, good o with '(o'). 6. In konsole I see only question marks
(o' works :)
7. When in kde font selector, example texts are displayed correctly. But
when I try to enter into the same
+window polish characters, I get them rubbished as above.
8. I grepped ~/.kde and /etc/kde2 for 8859. Looks normal (8859-2, as it
should me in most places).
9. The system which works good, has similar config files.
10. When in font selector, example fonts in window are insenitive on chosen
encoding. I can choose all of
+them and fonts in examples window don't change.
I just don't know what else to do.
I would appreciate your help.
Those are my installed kde applications:
-- System Information
Debian Release: 3.0
Kernel Version: Linux debian 2.4.13-ac5 #2 czw lis 1 14:43:49 CET 2001 i686