Re: Membership request

Nicolas Couture <nicolas@stormvault.net> wrote on 27/02/2024 at 21:00:58+0200:

> Good day,
>
> As I met "pollo" this morning on OFTC after inquiring about helping out with the adoption of virtualenvwrapper or researching more into
> the state of packaging pyenv in Debian, he suggested a good starting point would be to read  https://deb.li/PyPolicy which I had not until
> now and then join the team to help out on any team-maintained packages.
>
> I understand the gist of it but I'm starting to think that "pollo" might actually be a chicken, because he's excellent at laying out
> eggs-amples of policy, but when it comes to packaging, he believes in free-range.
>
> On with the serious phase of this request:
>
> Why you want to join the team:
>
>  * Help maintain specific packages though my interest might be broader than that and I'm willing to help out on team-maintained
>  packages to become familiar with the workflows
>  * Salsa login: ncouture
>  * I have read and accept https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
>
> Best regards,

Hello Nicolas,

Sorry for not replying to your request earlier.

And nice of you roasting pollo. :-)

I'd be glad to give you access to specific repositories (and create
those which you need to have created), but before granting you a full
access to the group, I guess I'd like to see a bit of your contributions
track.

Would that be a fine compromise for you?

--
PEB