Re: Request to Join Debian Python Team

Dear Marcos,

Marcos Rodrigues de Carvalho (aka oday) <marcosrcarvalho42@gmail.com> wrote on 19/03/2024 at 06:28:23+0200:

> Dear Debian Python Team,
>
> I hope this email finds you well. My name is
> Marcos Rodrigues de Carvalho (aka oday),
> and I am a Debian contributor interested in joining the Debian Python
> Team.
>
> I am reaching out to express my interest in becoming a member of the team and
> contributing to Python-related package maintenance within the Debian ecosystem.
> I  believe that collaborating with the Debian Python Team will allow me to
> contribute more effectively and efficiently to the Debian project.
>
> My Salsa login is: marcos.rcarvalho.
>
> I have thoroughly reviewed the team's policies outlined in the following
> document:
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst#joining-the-team.
> I fully understand and accept the responsibilities and guidelines set forth in
> the policy document.
>
> I am eager to join the team to help maintain existing packages, contribute to
> specific packages, and collaborate with other members of the Debian Python
> community.
>
> Thank you for considering my request to join the Debian Python Team. I look
> forward to the opportunity to contribute and collaborate with fellow team
> members.

First, I'd like to apologize for the long delay for you to get a reply.

Second, as you're quite new to Debian in terms of contributions, I'd
like to ask you first to point to specific repositories you'd like to
contribute to, and second, to start doing so by submitting merge
requests (which are open for anyone).

Once you'll have built sufficient trust, we'll consider a wide-range
inclusion in DPT.

I hope that you'll understand our position on this matter.

--
PEB