Re: Requests to join DPT haven't been processed for months

Hi Christian,

Thanks for investigating & raising this!

Op Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 05:45:20PM +0200 schreef Christian Kastner:

> one of the GSoC candidates I'm mentoring hasn't had his request to join
> the team processed for a month. I then checked and unless I'm mistaken,
> *no*( requests filed in 2024 have been processed. At least, all threads
> I could find are as of yet unanswered.
>
> Some of the requests were already accompanied by contributions, so it
> would be a extra shame to have these contributors move on.
>
> Is there any way I (or anyone else) can help with this?

See
https://salsa.debian.org/groups/python-team/packages/-/group_members?sort=access_level_desc
.  : we have 5 "owners" in python-team/packages , and lots of "maintainer"s .
IIRC only owners can add new maintainers or developers.  (Please correct me if
I'm wrong here.)

Hope this helps.  (Sorry, I lack the time to do more on this (pretty painful!)
problem).

Bye,

Joost