Re: Uscan: watch and changelog

On 2024-03-29 18:07 Carsten Schoenert <c.schoenert@t-online.de> wrote:
> Am 29.03.24 um 17:39 schrieb c.buhtz@posteo.jp:
> > On 2024-03-29 16:23 Carsten Schoenert <c.schoenert@t-online.de>
> > wrote:
> >> You need to use "opts=mode=git, ...", see the man page of uscan.
> >
> > Are you sure.
>
> Of course I'm sure, I've tested the snippets before posting it on the
> list. Did you test this on your side and have any issues?

Again I was not clear. You wrote "need". So it is mandatory?
Then I gave you an example where "opts=" is not used. So it seems not
to be mandatory in all cases.

> > For example this watch file do not use "opts="
> > https://sources.debian.org/src/backintime/1.4.3-1/debian/watch/
>
> You need to ask the person that did probably this creation or
> modification. I can't answering this.

This line seems to work:

    https://codeberg.org/buhtz/hyperorg/tags .*\/v(\d+).(\d+).(\d+).tar.gz

There is no "opts=". So again. Why would you suggest to use "opts="? I want to learn. I don't want to fight.