Re: Docu: Need help to understand section about package creation

Hello Christian,

Without knowing what exactly fails for you, it is quite difficult to point out anything. The steps documented in the wiki are supposed to be working.

That said, the current packaging go to tool for the DPT should be py2dsp, if what you are working on is a python package. `apt install pypi2deb` will give the py2dsp command and `py2dsp <package-name-in-pypi>` can give you a nifty initial template to start with. For more info you can try `py2dsp --help`. What I typically use when creating a new package is `py2dsp --profile dpt --distribution unstable --revision 1 --github <github-url> <pypi-package-name>`.

No other structured documentation on using py2dsp is available AFAIK, and I did struggle initially to understand how to use it. Creating a wiki page for that has been my plan since then, but couldn't get to it because of time constraints as well as fear of presenting the wrong info. Maybe I'll try to get to that soon enough.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Ananthu