Request to join the Debian Python Team

Hello,

I would like to request membership of the Debian Python Team. For a while, I
have been working on a package for Shed Skin (shedskin) which is a compiler
for a dialect of Python.

I previously maintained a package for this software in the Python 2 era, and
since it has been made compatible with Python 3, I feel that it would be
beneficial to Debian users to have convenient access to it once again. To this
end, I filed an "intent to package" report a while back:

The principal developer of Shed Skin is very encouraging of packaging efforts
and has been responsive to feedback about issues that might otherwise incur
distribution-level patches. Personally, I think that the software deserves
more exposure, especially when considering some of the transformative effects
it has on some kinds of Python code:

http://shed-skin.blogspot.com/2024/01/fast-doom-wad-renderer-in-999-lines-of.html

I have sought to follow advice provided in the team policy, making a Salsa
project available here:

https://salsa.debian.org/pboddie/shedskin

Building on experience with a previous repository (noted in the ITP report), I
have hopefully managed to follow the branching and pristine-tar guidelines,
also introducing test running using Salsa CI.

I have read and accept the policy published here:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/
policy.rst

My Salsa login is pboddie.

Thanks in advance for any guidance that might be offered!

Paul