Re: PyQt6 backport for oldstable?

Hi Christian!

On Sun, Jan 07, 2024 at 03:30:28PM +0000, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> might there be a realistic chance that PyQt6 will be released in the
> "oldstable-backports" repo?
>
> Upstream-Support of PyQt5 is off. But there are some "oldstable" users
> out there not able to upgrade to PyQt6 or depending applications.

I am sorry but I don't have any time for oldstable backports.

However, if you or someone else wants to do this work, I won't mind at all.

In addition to PyQt6 itself, the following packages will need to be
backported:

- sip6 (although, it may conflict with sip5 from oldstable)
- pyqt-builder
- pyqt6-sip

--
Dmitry Shachnev