Re: creating a new package?

Thanks Salvo, I will submit an ITP soon.

For the actual build, since salsa is gitlab are we able to have the
packaging project build the deb there? I have seen that some packages
seem to do this but there isn't much consistency.  Is there a good
package repo under https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/ to
use as a "preferred way" example?