Re: [backintime] I'll package the next release

Hello Christian,

Am 15.09.23 um 13:18 schrieb buhtz@posteo.de:
Hello together,

I hope different from the past this announcement will work this time.
Last time I announced the will to package something ("feedparser") but
someone else did it without communication.

Back In Time [1][2] will have a new upstream release [3] in the next
days. I [4] will try to prepare the packaging for Debian this time. The
next Debian release is minimum 2 years away so I have enough time. ;)

the DPT isn't the maintainer of this package, you are aware of this?
Means, I see primarily no work nor action on the side of the DPT that's needed to take as the package has a person as Maintainer set.

Do you have talked to the Maintainer and/or Uploader if they are interested in help with any packaging work done by you? Not that you not can do this for yourself, but please be not disappointed if the Debian Maintainers refuse your packaging work to merge.

--
Regards
Carsten