Re: how to properly split up into python3-foo and foo-util package?

Dear Christoph,

I'm sure I can not help you but I'm asking because I want to learn.

Do you have a link to your repository?

What do you mean by the terms "simple Python package" and "two packages"? These terms do not exists in Python context. Python do differentiate between "Distribution Package" (the name you would find e.g. on PyPI) and "Import Packages" (the name you use with your "import" statement). And there is also a difference with "Debian Package" (a deb-file). Of course all three type of packages can be the same but don't have to.