Re: #!/usr/bin/python3 vs virtualenv

(sorry for replying to a random message, I am not subscribed to the list)

I don't use `sudo pip`, too risky. I used to use pip to install packages with the implicit --user option (for things not available via apt). And I am aware of --break-system-packages, I used it the first time pip complained about an externally managed environment so I could keep working as before.

I decided to follow the recommandations and use a virtual environment. And, in order to benefit from the packaging done in Debian, I thought I could use --system-site-packages and restrict pip to a few things that Debian does not provide.

I now see that this was too optimistic. For now I'll use `python -m sphinx.cmd.build` as a workaround, but the next time I hit some issue I'll probably end up using conda, like everyone else. It just feels sad to see all the effort done in packaging Python things in Debian end with the recommendation not to use them :-(

Thank you all for the advice,

--
Marc Glisse