Python 3.10 in bookworm

Why is the current intention not to ship the python3.10 package in
bookworm?

I was trying to run some experiments in a virtual environment a few
days ago, and it turns out that several of the Python packages I
needed do not yet run on Python 3.11.  I was saved by being able to
run in a Python 3.10 venv and download all the required packages from
PyPI.  If bookworm shipped without python3.10, I would not have been
able to do my work.  Removing python3.10 from bookworm will seriously
affect many of our users in a similar situation to me.

Best wishes,

   Julian

P.S. We should also fix #1036268 if we do keep python3.10 in bookworm;
I'm happy to do an NMU if needed.