Re: Policy Proposal python3-supported-(min|max) virtual packages

On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 07:34:59PM +0000, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Typically though doesn't the python interpreter package provide modules that are now incorporated?  If python3.11 provides python3-tomli, won't that mess this up?

In this case, it doesn't; the Python 3.11 standard library module is
called tomllib, presumably to avoid conflicting with the toml or tomli
library.  (And I'm guessing the package in question imports tomllib if
using 3.11 or higher and tomli otherwise.)

Best wishes,

   Julian