eric and jquery.js to a symbolic link

Hi list

I am working on eric and I do have a problem with the lintian requirement to replace the jquery.js file with the debian provided jquery.js file.

The upstream author pointed out that it doesn't work as well and I have verified the behavior.
If you run eric7_browser and press ==->Bookmarks->Speed Dial it doesn't show the links when using the debian jquery.js file.

Is it ok to keep the original jquery files and add a lintian-override in this case?

Regards
Gudjon