Re: Python 3.11 for bookworm?

There is not yet an accurate estimate of time required to fix the
python packages during the transition -- and I still remember the
transition from python3.9 -> python3.10 took a very long period
that does not seem short enough to be covered by the freeze schedule.

Apart from that, package maintainers have their own plans as well.
I believe that at the current stage, many people have assumed that
the next stable will ship python3.10, and have their packages
finalized for freeze already. Making that transition at the current
stage will push a number of maintainers into a rush of updating
their packages again -- in the worst case, the package upstreams
might be not even ready for python 3.11.

A significant Python performance improvement in 3.11 is good.
But note, when python performance has really become an issue,
people already have mature solutions, e.g. offloading the
performance critical part onto a compiled language.

I think the risk of greatly breaking the release plan
outweighs the gain.