Re: PYTHONPATH with cmake build

Hi PICCA (2022.08.30_16:02:01_+0000)
>     cd build
>     cmake ../modules/dxtbx
>     cmake --build . --target install
>     pip install ../modules/dxtbx

This package essentially has 2 build systems, camke for the C++ stuff
and setuptools for the pure-python. I don't see any integration between
the two (which is quite annoying, the upstream really should fix that).

pybuild knows how to drive distutils, and knows how to drive cmake, but
not both together. Ideally, you do want to use pybuild when building
Python extensions, so you can do them for all supported Python versions.

So, can I suggest something like this?

#! /usr/bin/make -f

export PYBUILD_NAME=dxtbx
export PYBUILD_SYSTEM=distutils
export PYBUILD_AFTER_CONFIGURE=cmake -DPython_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/{interpreter} -S . -B {build_dir}/lib
export PYBUILD_AFTER_BUILD=make -C {build_dir}/lib
export PYBUILD_BEFORE_TEST=cp {build_dir}/lib/lib/*.so {build_dir}

%:
	dh $@ --with python3 --buildsystem=pybuild

You'll need something for the install too, but I didn't get that far, as
the tests fail (due to missing dependencies in Debian).

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/