Re: I want to join the DPT

Hi,
On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 09:16:54AM -0400, Sandro Tosi wrote:
Hello Bo,

My name is Bo, and want to contribute to Debian. And I
noticed the ITP[0] and want to help package it. Because
python is my one of favorite program language also :-)

an ITP means someone else is already working on that package, so that
may not be the right first package for you. did you reach out to the
person that opened that bug report? You may also want to look into
getting more  knowledgeable on how debian development works
Sorry again. I recheck the #1007025 [0], it should be RFP tag.
This is my misspelt in the first request email.
So I think I can go to to work it :-)

My salsa account is vimerbf(but I do not know why it hint me @vimerbf-guest)

I have read the document: [1] and understand and follow it.

according to https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst#joining-the-team
you need to clarly state that you are accepting the policy, and that
statement is missing in your email.
I have read the policy [1] and accept it.
In fact, in my native language, the follow is the same as accept.
Whataway, I accept the policy now.

If there are any question please let me know.

it looks like you may want to spend a bit more time gettingused to how
to collaborate in debian, and on our procedures: 2 simple and well
documented activities (ITP and joining this team) were not fully
grasped by you at the time you wrote this email.

We are happy to welcome you when ready to join and in the meantime
help if you need further clarifications, but there may be other forums
better suited to novices.
I must go bed for hours otherwise it will continue to be dazzling for me.
Thank you again
BR,
bo

Thanks,