Re: Python 3.11 for bookworm?

Hi Jochen,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 04:53:58PM +0100, Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> * Julian Gilbey <julian@d-and-j.net> [2022-12-19 09:41]:
> > Quick update: with the updating of python3-bytecode from 0.13 to 0.14
> > in unstable/testing, which allows it to handle Python 3.11, something
> > has changed and now pydevd doesn't even pass the tests on Python
> > 3.10.  The python3-bytecode underwent a major restructuring, so it is
> > entirely possible that something has changed that wasn't part of the
> > advertised API or something like that.  But that's for upstream pydevd
> > developers to deal with.
>
> I've uploaded 0.14.0-2 that should fix this. As far as I've found that was
> only a minor fix in the Debian specific offset patch, sorry for the trouble.

Phew!  I didn't think to check that.  Unfortunately, though, there are
still numerous pydevd test errors even with 0.14.0-2, so I think
something has changed in bytecode that the pydevd maintainers will
have to adapt to.  So either I skip 14 newly failing tests on Python
3.10 (they're mostly skipped on 3.11 as the current pydevd version
skips bytecode tests on Python 3.11) or wait for a new version of
pydevd.  Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks so much for all your work updating this package - it's
been really helpful, as I've been a bit overloaded and Spyder 5.4.0
together with the Python 3.11 transition has been a lot to handle.  I
also learnt a lot from your changes!

Best wishes,

   Julian