Re: Updating khal to fix RC bug #1023341

Hi Daniele, and others,

Quoting Daniele Tricoli (2022-12-16 07:16:24)
> I tried to update khal to block the autoremoval from testing (due
> #1023341) but it's not clear to me how to import metadata used to parse
> the package version with uscan¹ during repack of the tarball.
>
> PKG-INFO and the egg.info directory are on salsa¹ upstream branch but
> I'm not able to see them in the upstream tarballs (I looked also the
> commit on salsa with hash ba53a6bfb845ab4df3d5298f91f323b070084f4b):
> also PKG-INFO in the root of the repository is a news to me.
>
> How can I put them in the repacked tarball? In d/watch is indicated that
> for update the classic uscan invocation (through gbp) is used.
>
> The only way I can think of is to manually repack (AFAIK uscan doesn't
> support adding files before the invocation of mk-origtargz)... but it
> not seems that this was the procedure used according documentation on
> d/watch.
>
> AFAIU this mechanism was introduced to fix #1002406.³
>
> Jonas do you have the time to explain?

I will have a closer look now, then get back to you.

Ususally when I "look" at a package I routinely update it as well.
Would you prefer that I roll back whatever changes I do during my
"looking at it" and guide you to gain same understanding as me?
Because if your interest is simply to get khal updated then
simpler for me is do (hopefully) all myself and only tell you without
leaving room for you to redo and potentially learn more from that DIY
experience.  I am happy to do that slower process - I find it fun to
collaborate (am just not very used to it), so please do tell if you are
eager to learn. :-)

> P.S. Jonas I don't know if you are subscribed to this list, so I'm
> adding you to CC.

Thanks, I am indeed not subscribed to the list, so please keep me cc'd
in this thread.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones