Re: on the lack of a `python-` prefix for source packages

> >> My proposal as stated at the top is to start from now on to prepend
> >> `python` to all NEW source packages in DPT, with the option to rename
> >> existing packages at a later date.
> >>
> >> What are other team members' opinions on this?
> >
> > For packages that on contain a python module/extension, I think it's not horrible, but I don't see why it's better to diverge from upstream naming.
>
> I tend to agree with Sandro on for this use case.

True, i was mostly referring to modules, as that's the most numerous
type of packages we have

> > For packages that contain or are primarily applications, I don't think it's a good idea.
>
> Ditto on that one, I don't feel having "python-supysonic" would be a
> good naming scheme...

please note that would be just for source packages, the user-facing
ones can still be `supysonic` as that's what you expect to install

On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 8:53 PM Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
> What problem are you trying to solve?

no problem specifically, i just feel that having a consistent scheme
would benefit Debian and then team.

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/