Re: Making py2dsp/pypi2deb the default tool to create Python-based packages in Debian

Am Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 10:09:05AM +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> I was able to run
>
>   py2dsp pystow
>
> with a sufficient result for my purposes...

While I've read here the suggestion to fetch the Tarball rather vom Github than
from pypi (and I agree with this) I would suggest to implement this suggestion
in what is planed to become a default tool.  With the command above the watch
file points to pypi and thus I tried:

$ py2dsp --github pystow
/usr/bin/py2dsp:163: DeprecationWarning: There is no current event loop
  loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
E: py2dsp py2dsp:167: 404 {"message": "Not Found", "documentation_url": "https://docs.github.com/rest"}

Since the original thread started with opinions to make the tool the default
tool I'd suggest waiting a bit until it

   a) does not throw DeprecationWarnings
   b) works out of the box for simple usage

IMHO the suggestions where it should be advertised are perfectly fine
but its a bit bad timing when people stumble over it and run into
trouble at first usage.

Thanks for working on such a promising tools anyway

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de