Re: Updating jupyter-core to 4.10.0

Hi Julien,

On Thu, May 05, 2022 at 09:51:28AM +0200, julien.puydt@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to update jupyter-core to 4.10.0, but didn't manage to run the
> upstream test suite reliably.
>
> I first disabled it, so the package was building with both dpkg-
> buildpackage and sbuild. A bad solution.
>
> Then I re-enabled it ; it passes with dpkg-buildpackage (there's a
> catch, see [1]), but not with sbuild, and I couldn't find out why.
>
> If someone has a clue, I'm ready to learn new tricks...

I've had similar problems in the past.  It usually comes down to the
build requiring some package that happens to be present on your system
but not listed in the Build-Depends field, so dpkg-buildpackage works,
but sbuild doesn't.  One thing I've done (boring, but has worked in
this sort of case) is to search the code for any occurrences of
"import" (patterns such as r'^\s*import\s' and
r'^\s*from\s.*\simport\s' are useful here); it might reveal a package
not listed in the install requirements.

Best wishes,

   Julian