dh-python: Flit plugin suddenly installs to usr/local/ causing FTBFS

Hi,

I'm writing to the list as I'm not sure what the source of the problem is. The symptom is that at least three packages (flit, solo-python and weasyprint) start to FTBFS as flit installs the binaries to usr/local/bin instead of usr/bin - see #1009392, #1009397 and #1009461. I looked through the changes in dh-python after 2022-03-13 (my last known good build of solo-python) but couldn't find anything relevant there, flit itself wasn't updated either.
Thanks to the reproducible builds I can confirm that it doesn't seem to be related to the dh-python upload on 2022-04-03, as weasyprint FTBFS on that same day with the older dh-python version (see https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rbuild/unstable/arm64/weasyprint_54.1-1.rbuild.log.gz).

I don't see any uploads of related packages in that period ... do you have any ideas what's going on there?

[Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to debian-python.]

Thanks & best regards
Philip