Re: sysconfig default scheme change in Python 3.10

Hi Simon (2022.03.28_21:44:38_+0000)

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 at 21:17:40 +0000, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> > We've fixed this issue in pybind11 and automake-1.16, so far.
>
> Does this mean that packages that build using Automake, but use the
> pregenerated configure/Makefile.in provided by the upstream maintainer
> (often on an older or non-Debian distro) instead of regenerating the
> build system with dh_autoreconf or equivalent, are going to be broken now?

The change is to python.m4, so it gets included in aclocal.m4 and
configure. If you rebuild those, you'll get the correct behaviour.

I don't think the generated makefiles are affected, just the configured
paths.

We have upstreamed the patch, https://debbugs.gnu.org/54412 so
eventually upstreams will ship something that works correctly, again.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/