Re: Request to join the team

Hi Sandro, thanks for your quick reply!

> you only maintain this package, you have not uploaded it in more than
> 3.5 years, and that package received 3 NMUs in the last 2 years; how
> can you reassure that you're going to actually take care of this
> package moving it to DPT, instead of letting the team essentially
> maintain it?

Just to give some context, I offered my help with this package when it
had a RFA [1] and it was already part of the old DPMT [2].

However, I was not aware when I did my first upload that I was also
moving it out of the team's supervision. I did this inadvertently, and
even though you did let me know a couple years ago [3] I completely
missed it.

Today I prepared an update with the latest upstream release plus some
improvements, and now that I noticed I would like to correct my
mistake and take the package back where it was. I am maintaining the
package for fun and to learn, so shifting the work to someone else
would not make much sense. :)

Of course, if you consider this is no longer a good fit for the DPT
that's okay! I just agree with Mattia and believe that team
maintenance makes more sense, especially for an inexperienced
maintainer like myself.

I hope that helps clear your doubts.
Best,

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888214