Re: python-cryptography, Rust, and OpenSSL 3.0

> python-cryptography_3.4.8-1_source.changes uploaded successfully to localhost

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 21:38, Tristan Seligmann <mithrandi@mithrandi.net> wrote:
On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 21:34, Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Simon (2021.12.01_12:31:20_+0000)
> Now that the OpenSSL 3 transition has started in Ubuntu, I plan on
> uploading this package to our archive as I lack the time to do the
> necessary work for the Rust enablement, but I'm wondering if it makes
> sense to do the same in Debian?

I'd assume, yes.

We were waiting on PyO3, primarily, I think. I see it's in unstable, but
hasn't made it to testing, yet. I'll do a source-only upload.

Thanks for the patches, Simon; I am working on testing and uploading this version as an intermediate step while we resolve the Rust issue. As far as Rust goes, it should be straightforward packaging the missing dependencies here, but unfortunately I have not been able to do much Debian-related work recently.