Re: Status of python-charset-normalizer in Debian

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 8:52 PM Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Sandro (2021.11.15_01:05:12_+0000)
> > > I filed https://github.com/Ousret/charset_normalizer/issues/138
> > > upstream.
> >
> > In the interest of moving things along, and while we wait for upstream
> > action on it, should we Files-Excluded: data/ , re-import the upstream
> > tarball, and disable tests/test_cli.py and
> > tests/test_full_detection.py (which appear to be the only 2 test files
> > using the data directory)?
>
> +1 to that.

the conversation continued on #debian-ftp, where we came to the
understanding the REJECT was due to a misunderstanding of how some
Licenses information were reported, so i've just reuploaded
python-charset-normalizer as-is from the git repository

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/