Re: RFS: still looking for sponsor for new version of sentry-python (#990519)

Hello Eberhard,

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 12:10 PM Eberhard Beilharz <eb1@sil.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still looking for someone who'd be able and willing to upload the
> new version of sentry-python (1.4.2).

did you contact the current maintainer about this? Adding William to
the recipients list

> The version currently available in
> Debian (0.13.2) is not compatible with the latest version of the Sentry
> server and thus breaks any software that depends on the 1.x version.
>
> Or what is missing that prevents someone from moving this forward?
>
> Thanks,
>      Eberhard
>

> https://mentors.debian.net/package/sentry-python/

This package repository is hosted on the Debian Python Team salsa
group, at https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/sentry-python
while you're proposing an upload outside of this setup via Mentors.
It's usually inappropriate to seek outside sponsors for
team-maintained packages, because that tends to leave the canonical
git repo outdated, forcing people to do extra work to reconcile
history.

Please submit a MR for the upstream, pristine-tar, and master branches
(one MR for each branch) with your changes on salsa, and we can review
them.

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi