Moving forward with more Python 2 removal, plus upgrading to markupsafe 2.0, jinja2 3.0, werkzeug 2.0 and flask 2.0

Dear Python Team, Dear Piotr,

As I was packaging Cloudkitty (that is: OpenStack rating of resources,
typically used in a public cloud) for the next Xena release, I went into
this chain of dependency:

cloudkitty: needs flask 2.0
Flask 2.0: needs werkeug 2.0, jinja2 3.0
jinja2: needs markupsafe 2.0

The thing is, markupsafe 2.0 looks like incompatible with Python 2 (when
I removed Python 2 support in the package, it built fine).

I currently have updated markupsafe and jinja2 packages in my laptop,
(which IS removing Python 2 support). I'll soon have updates for the
other 2 (if I don't hit any blockers).

During the python BoF of the last Debconf, we decided to go ahead with
full removal of Python 2, so doing this looks like a move to the right
direction.

Is it fine for everyone (including Piotr, who's the only marked uploader
for these) if I upload these to Experimental right now (which is where I
am uploading OpenStack Xena), and in Unstable after the 8th of October
(when OpenStack Xena will be finally released)?

I'm also aware that the packages I mentioned above are high profile (ie:
used a lot in Debian), which is why I thought announcing my plan was a
good idea (also so that Piotr can tell his opinion).

Also Piotr, can I add myself as uploader for all of these?

Your thoughts?
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: I do believe that uploading to Experimental is harmless (when we're
not in freeze), so I may go ahead before getting a reply, and we can
decide what to do together.