Re: [RFC] DPT Policy: Canonise recommendation against PyPi-provided upstream source tarballs

Hi Jeremy!

Wow, you've given me a lot to think about.  Thank you :-)

Yes, I agree with you that my MR doesn't adequately address the much
more heterogeneous reality. (and is also indelicate, lacks nuance, etc)
I'll take a day or two to think about this, and also to take into
account what everyone else has written before making revisions for v2.
If I do it right now my work won't be rigorous enough, nor fair to the
contributions others have made to this thread.  If nothing else it will
require careful outlining...

Maybe the heading should be:

How to choose a source for the tarball (and why this can be difficult)

;-)

Take care,
Nicholas