Re: Status of https://debian-python.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> writes:

>> On Dec 25, 2020, at 12:52, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> it looks like Barry (correct me if i'm wrong) set up
>> https://debian-python.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ but it has not been
>> updated in a while.
>>
>> Do we know what's the status of this website, if we want to continue
>> to maintain it, or instead we should just consolidate onto
>> https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ ?

> That RTD project has been failing for years.  It looks like I’m the
> only maintainer for that project.  I’m happy to add others or transfer
> it to someone else.  I don’t think RTD supports maintainer teams.
> Just let me know what y’all want to do!

The RTD website [1] indicates that the "project home" is [2] but [2]
leads to a 404 Page Not Found.  Where are the sources?

If RTD cannot be a long-term host for this doc (because it does not
support maintainer teams), maybe we can convert it to a documentation
package, similar to debmake-doc?

[1] https://debian-python.readthedocs.io/en/latest/README.html
[2] https://gitlab.com/debian-python/dpdp

--
Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly
PGP 01EEACF8244E9C14B551C5256ADA5F189BD322B6