RFS: colorzero/2.0-1 [ITP] -- Construct, convert, and manipulate colors in a Pythonic manner.

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: wishlist

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "colorzero":

 * Package name    : colorzero
   Version         : 2.0-1
   Upstream Author : https://github.com/waveform80/colorzero
 * URL             : http://pypi.python.org/pypi/colorzero
 * License         : BSD-3-Clause
 * Vcs             : https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/colorzero
   Section         : python

A little extra background on this submission: one of the existing packages in Debian is gpiozero (producing python3-gpiozero). This is currently at version 1.4.1 in Debian while upstream it's now at 1.6.2. This is partly due to gpiozero 1.5 introducing a dependency on this package (colorzero); incidentally, in the interests of clarity, I'm one of the developers on gpiozero, and the sole developer on colorzero.

I'd originally had a go at getting colorzero into Debian a couple of years ago (hence this follow-up), but knew even less about deb-packaging back then. Hopefully this submission is slightly better!

Obviously, I don't expect much to happen until after the freeze, but if someone could give it a look and make sure I haven't made too many horrendous mistakes that'd be great.

I've also got some updated packaging for gpiozero (and another optional dependency it grew in 1.6.x)in salsa but that can wait until colorzero (which is a hard dependency) is dealt with, and will obviously require coordination with the gpiozero maintainer anyway.

It builds those binary packages:

  python-colorzero-doc - Construct, convert, and manipulate colors in a Pythonic manner.
  python3-colorzero - Construct, convert, and manipulate colors in a Pythonic manner.

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/colorzero/

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/colorzero/colorzero_2.0-1.dsc

Changes for the initial release:

 colorzero (2.0-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
 .
   * Initial Debian release.

Thanks!

-- Dave Jones