Re: Fwd: My deep mistake with the python-absl package

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:12:01AM +0200, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> There may be 2 other options:
> * I could ask ftp-masters to drop my upload, not sure if that's something
> they can do. [spoiler: on IRC #debian-ftp they pointed me to talk to you]
It's already in sid: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=python-absl
so it cannot be "dropped".

> * We could upload a new version of python-absl and just replace/overwrite my
> upload. I noticed your original repo [0] contains a pretty up-to-date
> version that could work.
I'm not the package maintainer but I'd suggest either rolling back to the
contents of 0.11.0-1 (pro: we are frozen; con: unlikely that the second
upload breaks anything as the package is not in testing and doesn't have
revdeps) or just uploading 0.12.0-2 based on 0.11.0-1, integrating
improvements from 0.12.0-1 if needed.
There is also a question of the salsa repo history, not sure if it should
contain 0.12.0-1 or not (pro: having all versions in the repo, no
confusion over the missing version; con: confusion over two uploads each
rewriting the previous one).

--
WBR, wRAR