Re: How to install older python version on Debian

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 09:55:03AM +0800, Robbi Nespu wrote:
> Dear Debian Python,
>
> I would like to install older python (version 3.6) on my venv environment
>
> $ inxi -S
> System:    Host: debian Kernel: 5.10.0-4-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE
> Plasma 5.20.5
>            Distro: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid
>
> (venv)$ python --version
> Python 3.9.2
>
> on fedora I can easily do something like this[1],
This only works as long as the version you need is in the repo. It's
expected that a 2019 distro with 3.7 as the default may also include 3.6,
which is somewhat different from what you expect here.

> If my guest are right. Could you suggest me a solution how to have multiple
> python version so I can load inside venv?
Build it manually and install it somewhere in your user directory or use
pyenv.

--
WBR, wRAR