Re: Updating proxmoxer [Was: Re: Request to Join DPT]

Hi Elena,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 09:41:41 +0100
Elena ``of Valhalla'' <valhalla@debian.org> wrote:

> Yes, please, a merge request would help: I've looked into it a few
> times already and wasn't able to finish it in the time I had.
>
> But since it's going into experimental, wouldn't it be better to
> package the latest released version (1.1.1), or possibly even 1.2.0b1
> (the very latest version on pypi)?

I followed the docs in the wiki[1] and it looks like gbp does its thing
across three branches (debian/master, upstream and pristine-tar). Thus
I opened three MRs with the result:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/proxmoxer/-/merge_requests/2
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/proxmoxer/-/merge_requests/3
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/proxmoxer/-/merge_requests/4

I used tar files downloaded from github for the intermediate releases
and `gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan` for the most recent one. I
guess that the entries in the changelog could be squashed (unless we'd
like to release 1.1.1 separately from 1.2.0b1).

1) https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#New_upstream_release

HTH
Lorenz