Re: How can I override module name in autopkgtest-pkg-python

Hi,

Maybe this can be useful [0] but that is deprecated. You can create
debian/tests/autopkgtest-pkg-python.conf file and use import_name
variable to change the name. Here an example [1]

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autodep8/-/merge_requests/17
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/python-xlib/-/blob/master/debian/tests/autopkgtest-pkg-python.conf

Cheers,
Emmanuel

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 5:49 PM Gregor Riepl <onitake@gmail.com> wrote:
> autopkgtest [19:46:36]: test autodep8-python3: set -e ; for py in $(py3versions -r 2>/dev/null) ; do cd "$AUTOPKGTEST_TMP" ; echo "Testing with $py:" ; $py -c "import cython_blis; print(cython_blis)" ; done
> autopkgtest [19:46:36]: test autodep8-python3: [-----------------------
> Testing with python3.9:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cython_blis'
> autopkgtest [19:46:37]: test autodep8-python3: -----------------------]
>

> The actual module that needs to be importet is just blis.  How can
> I teach autodep8-python3 the correct module name?

Simply write a suitable debian/tests/control file that uses

import blis; print(blis)

instead of

import cython_blis; print(cython_blis)

See here for an example:
https://salsa.debian.org/3dprinting-team/libarcus/-/blob/master/debian/tests/control

Although, it looks like this sort of trivial autopkgtest is now
considered "superficial" and will no longer reduce the time until a
package is autopromoted to testing.