Re: Need a Python 3.8 virtual environment

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021, Steven Robbins wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to use a (non-Debian) python system built on python 3.8.  Debian's
> default is currently 3.9 so I am advised to use a virtual environment.   Being
> a newbie, I searched around and found a writeup covering several different
> virtualization tools [1].   Note I am using Debian 'sid'.

I know that it is not a "proper" Debian answer, but in such cases I just
quickly install miniconda with a needed python version.  I keep a
miniconda installation with conda environments for different Pythons
for such cases.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org