Re: Downgrading dnspython back to 1.16.0 to fix Eventlet

On 2/2/21 7:46 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Both Eventlet and DNSPython are monkey patching the standard SSL library
> in potentially conflicting ways
After checking, that's *NOT* the case. Though Eventlet is doing
monkey-patching of dnspython, in a possible not-compatible with 2.x.

Anyways, looks like this small patch fixes Eventlet with dnspython 2:

https://github.com/tipabu/eventlet/commit/2f9b7969f9a66a75e72908454246b88bf57fe58a

I've uploaded Debian release 0.26.1-5, and when it reaches the mirrors,
I'll try again to make OpenStack work, and see how it goes. If it fixes
everything, then we're good to go. Otherwise, my questioning about
downgrading dnspython to 1.16.0 still stand. I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: Thanks to Tim Burke for this patch