diskcache: ERROR: tox config file (either pyproject.toml, tox.ini, setup.cfg) not found

Hi,

to update python-cobra I need diskcache as new dependency.  Yaroslav
I assume it is OK if I team-hijacked your ITP.  I injected the packaging
into the existing but empty repository[1].  Unfortunately I have no idea
about tox and thus I need help to solve this:

   dh_auto_test -O--buildsystem=pybuild
I: pybuild base:232: python3.9 setup.py test.
Warning: 'classifiers' should be a list, got type 'tuple'
running test
WARNING: Testing via this command is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. Users looking for a generic test entry point independent of test runner are encouraged to use tox.
running egg_info
writing diskcache.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing dependency_links to diskcache.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing top-level names to diskcache.egg-info/top_level.txt
reading manifest file 'diskcache.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
writing manifest file 'diskcache.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext
ERROR: tox config file (either pyproject.toml, tox.ini, setup.cfg) not found
E: pybuild pybuild:353: test: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python3.9 setup.py test.
dh_auto_test: error: pybuild --test -i python{version} -p 3.9 returned exit code 13
make: *** [debian/rules:6: build] Error 25

Any help would be welcome.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/diskcache