Re: pynetstring removal

On Sun, 2021-01-03 at 17:31 +0100, Benjamin Hof wrote:
> Does anyone want to take over pynetstring?  I don't need it as a
> dependency anymore and would remove it from the archive.
>
> Currently it's living in https://salsa.debian.org/debian/pynetstring.
>
> (For backports there exists an old removal ticket that's not been
> fulfilled yet.)

Hi Benjamin,

I'd suggest orphaning the package, and opening a "serious" bug against the
package, so it will be removed from testing for the bullseye release.

Example: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=979022

A removal from unstable can be requested when no one wants to adopt it.

Regards
Markus Frosch