Re: Packaging a python module when already using cmake buildsystem

> > It has a setup.py and uses SetupTools and DistUtils so I was hoping to
> > add --with Python3 and hope that a lot of magic would be done by pybuild.
> > However as I'm already using cmake as the build system I can't stick
> > pybuild in there.
>
> We use both pybuild and cmake for a couple of SIP packages:
> https://salsa.debian.org/3dprinting-team/libarcus
>
> However, in this case, upstream doesn't provide a setup.py at all, so
> cmake is used automatically.
>
> I do believe that you can force the use of cmake by adding a "--with
> cmake" - have you tried that?

Here is another example:

https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-rpm-team/createrepo-c/-/blob/debian/master/debian/rules
Thanks for reply,

The cmake isn't really the problem, I can pass cmake arguments to build our main project which creates the c++ libarmnn.so.
I can add in a few extra arguments so that it builds the python swig interface module as well from that same command.

That outputs to a build directory with egg-info and .py files. I'm currently planning to use .install to move files from the build directory to the install location in dist-packages.
I'm not too familiar with python packages personally but would I still need to run python3 setup.py install once everything in the correct location?

I see the examples provided have install files that seem to copy over files that are built and installed inside the chroot to an identical path in the destination machine.
Is there some dh_install magic happening other than installing in correct place like some sort of installation script ran?

Francis.