Re: The python command in Debian

Piotr Ożarowski:
> FTR: I didn't change my mind. /usr/bin/python is still used outside
> Debian packages, in /usr/local/bin scripts and applications and I
> strongly disagree to touch it.

Sometimes breaking things can be helpful.  If someone is not aware that
something still requires Python 2.x, having that script start failing
can often be helpful.  As long as Debian provides a way to make
/usr/bin/python point to 2.x, I think this kind of breakage will be
useful since it makes it clear that the user is relying on totally
unmaintained software.

Arch has been using /usr/bin/python for Python 3.x for a while now.

.hc